Sunday, June 28, 2009

Birthday in Bozeman

Today was my real birthday, but this weekend has been so great that I feel like my birthday has lasted 4 days straight! Colin flew back to Denver from Bozeman tonight, but before that we had a wonderful day together. We headed towards Bozeman at around 10 AM. On the way, we stopped at Chico Hot Springs and soaked our tired legs in the hot water. We stayed there about an hour and headed the rest of the way to Bozeman.

Right when we got to Bozeman, we went straight to Zales, where Colin had gotten my engagement ring. Because the ring was too big, we had to drop it off at the store here to be resized. They have to send it out, but I should have it by this coming Friday. I can’t wait!

After that, we got some lunch at Mackenzie River Pizza in downtown Bozeman. Our waitress there was amazing and made us a beer sampler even though it wasn’t on the menu. She let us try at least 10 different beers but only charged us for one pint. Not only was the beer delicious (all from local breweries) but the pizza was incredible. We got two kinds and shared them: a Thai pie with peanut sauce, mandarin oranges, chicken, roasted red peppers, and peanuts and another with asaigo cheese, roasted potatoes, onions, and rosemary. I know we will be going back there next time we are in Bozeman!

After that, we walked around town and eventually got some ice cream before it was time for me to bring Colin to the airport for his flight. It was hard to say goodbye, but I know I will see him again in just four weeks for more hiking adventures here in Yellowstone. Knowing that made saying goodbye much easier. We had the most amazing weekend ever and I can’t wait for some more in just a few more weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment